I found this recipe yesterday on the healthy girl website
The website owner Leanne was good enough to let me publish it here.
Here’s a great recipe for an Ultimate Healthy Cookie:
* 1 cup flour (recommended mix of gluten free flours such as 1/3 cup rice flour, 1/3 cup amaranth flour and 1/3 cup quinoa flour or quinoa flakes)
* 1/2 cup fresh ground almonds (I ground mine fresh in a little coffee grinder but feel free to buy almond meal pre ground)
* 3 tbs fresh ground flax seed (again, I ground mine fresh but they can be purchased ground in the refrigerator section of a health food store)
* 1/2 cup raw honey
* 1 egg
* 2 tbs extra virgin, cold pressed coconut oil
* 1/2 cup apple puree (about one apple with peel in the blender or use 1/2 cup organic 100% pure apple sauce)
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 3 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix dry ingredients in one bowl and mix the wet ingredients in a second bowl.
3. Now mix ‘em all together
4. Place on cookie sheet (they will about double in diameter in the oven so space them out).
5. Slip into the oven and bake for about 20 minutes until they are golden and appear dry. They will bake up chewy and delicious.